Wednesday, May 11, 2022

LAST JUNE








I’ve been having problems with this site and off and on with my laptop so its been awhile. Over a year, really, and so much has happened. Somehow my page got stuck on html view so when I would work on it, it would post gobbledygook instead of what i was typing. I finally found the right button to fix it today.I have been stuck in the house, so have taken up new hobbies to keep me sane. Sewing, embroidery, and cross stitch, in addition to some of the other stuff I do, which I haven't been doing much of lately, but hope to soon. I have a stained glass project I've been wanting to start if i can find the right glass.



I had 2 of the grand-girls coming up last June. It was a long drive for them, spending 13 hours in the backseat with Heath. It looks as if it might have been a long trip for him as well 




 I  bought a new sewing machine, which I LOVE. I had given my old one to one of the older granddaughters who has been using it. We decided making the girls’ dad a BBQ apron would be a perfect gift from them.  I ordered some denim and taught them how to make the apron and they embroidered it as well.  I had spent the first couple of days here teaching them embroidery. Abby was ready to embroider everything and our new towels have very cute mushrooms embroidered on them now, as she was practicing on them.


She free hand embroidered a hamburger on his apron. I had them cut it out and taught them how to use the machine and they helped each other sew it up


I would really like to spend more time with them with the sewing machine as there is so much I want to teach them, but its hard when you live in different states and only see each other once or twice a year.



Abs helps Kinley with her stitching

During the week, they made sourdough cinnamon rolls and sourdough waffles, by request. It was so much fun cooking with them! We also made a pavlova, which is one of my favorite desserts. It's a huge meringue which is split then filled with whipped cream and berries. We have also filled with with french pastry creme in the past which is oh so good! 
Then we top it with more whipped cream and berries.
pavlova

TheMan can't help himself from licking the dasher from our homemade ice cream

Best waffles EVER


There was a lot of critter feeding and grooming. Mister developed a crush on Kinley so she held him while he had his feet done. She also groomed him several times which I know he appreciated.





 
Their Dad made it up, and there was a lot more critter feeding, they went to a branding on the ranch, and lots of quad riding and exploring. 


Cody and Fred, another story


 

They played cards and used my tumbled rocks as chips and took home a tumbler. They've been tumbling rocks ever since!

I'm hoping they will be here in the fall, if not sooner as the price of fuel has really screwed us out of visiting anyone. The drive to California and back would really set us back, but there is a deer tag here for Abby and she needs to fill it!

That's it for now, I still can't adapt to all the changes on the site and can't manipulate where my pics go anymore so I apologize for it seeming to be so long.

Hope you are all well!
Take care!

Petey (Kim)& The Happy Heathen


6 comments:

  1. So nice to see a blog post from you! What wonderful memories you made with your grandchildren - priceless for sure. And fun times for all along with good food, too. Plus teaching them to sew, a lifetime talent for them.

    Sure do understand how the price of fuel keeps you home. We are finding ourselves not going to town until we have a list made and multiple stops planned. It has been several weeks since I have been to the store. Am very glad our pantry is well supplied and our freezers are full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking time to comment! It was a great time. They are a lot of fun. I wish I could be closer to all of them

      Delete
  2. What a nice surprise to find an email from you this morning! I miss your missives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thank you! I miss hearing from everyone too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun activities with your granddaughters! I hope you get to spend a lot of time with them this summer. Always good to see an email in my inbox for a new post from you. Enjoy your summer. We are up to 100 degrees already next week. Now that I finally have horses to work again, this heat is making that miserable and I'm resenting it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gay. I hope I get to see them, here or there. I remember one summer fitting a Palomino filly for halter. I had to rinse her coat off 3x a day because the sweat was staining her coat. It was still 102 at midnight. Good old Chico, CA!

      Delete