Thursday, February 24, 2011

Out Cold


Yesterday I was noticing a couple of the newly transplanted raspberries were already  getting some leaves. The rhubarb is getting ready to unfurl itself and bring some tasty and wonderful stalks for pies and dessert. There is a little green here and there in the pastures around the house and I was feeling pretty darn good, be-bopping around with just a sweatshirt on.
Then a partially sleepless night with stiff and painful joints gave way to blinding brightness this morning with 3 inches of fresh snow on the ground, and more falling.





 Dolly and Emma were holed up in their shelters, begging for breakfast in bed. I did not comply.



 The pups preceded me and lured the goats out of their shelter to head to the milkstand.



If they had known how cold my hands were, they might not have been so anxious! 


I however, will make the best of the situation, and use the milk for hot chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment