Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The All American Girl Next Door


 photo by Kim Stone

My days have been pretty long here, since Dolly died. I spend a lot of time fussing and worrying over EmmaLou Moo and watching chickens. I've pretty much been in a blue funk lately. The good news is, I know from past experience that having a cause is often a healthy remedy for depression or sadness and tonite I have a cause.

One of the young ladies that comes to the ranch every summer and helps out is in a contest. It’s a Facebook thing, but if she was to win, she would be in a print ad as an ambassador for Wrangler jeans. It’s called the "Wrangler Ultimate Cowgirl Next Door."

This young lady is perfect for the job. She is strikingly beautiful, but a humble, all American type of girl. She can ride, rope, brand, break and train horses and doctor with the best of them and look pretty while doing it. She has a charming personality, a grateful attitude, a million dollar smile, a great work ethic and an enormous sense of fun and adventure. That's Amanda.

Therefore, I am going to urge each of you who have a Facebook page to click on this link and give her a daily vote until the contest ends. That's


Seeing her chosen as the ambassador makes me smile. That's a good feeling I've been missing lately.

Thanks in advance to those who help!
And thank you to all who have left comments and encouragement since Dolly died. For whatever reason, I have been unable to leave responses on my own blog.  There have been some computer issues here, but I want you to know I sincerely appreciate it. It means more than you can know.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! She is amazing! That photograph hardly looks real! She has my daily vote! Glad you're feeling a little better. You never quite get over a loss like that, but the load gets lighter.

    ReplyDelete